Activities: Collecting data through key informant interviews and focus group discussions
Locations: Casablanca, Tangier, Ifrane, Rabat, Tinghir, and Tiznit, Morocco
ABA ROLI is seeking twelve (12) Part-time Researchers / Data Collectors for an ongoing research project. The Researchers must be based in Morocco and fluent in Arabic; four (4) of the positions require fluency in Tamazight/Tachelhit as well. Six (6) of the positions are reserved for female candidates.
The initial program duration is two months, with possible one-month extension.
Background and objective:
The project’s goal is to identify risks of discrimination to, and resilience mechanisms of vulnerable populations in Morocco. ABA ROLI will conduct field research on discrimination risk and resilience, barriers to access to services, and lessons learned and best practices in early warning and early response (EWER) systems. The program focuses on vulnerable populations in urban and rural Morocco.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in conducting field research.
- Experience working on international development or grant-funded programs, or in international organizations, non-government organizations, or government entities.
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in Tamazight, Tachelhit required for some positions
- Ability to travel within the urban and rural regions of Morocco.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in French or English.
- Technical background in data collection and analysis.
The part-time contractors will:
- Support in identifying key informants and focus group participants in target community.
- Conduct up to 10 key informant interviews in the community.
- Organize, facilitate and oversee up to 2 focus group discussions in the target
- Be responsible for recording, safeguarding and transferring data collected (pre-approved forms).
- Ensure the implementation of conflict sensitivity, Covid-19 protection and do-no-harm in all activities and regularly report to ABA ROLI on current developments in target areas.
- Perform other related duties as required.
About the Organization:
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform, governance, anti-corruption and civil society capacity building programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and, in its Washington, D.C. office.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to [email protected] by May 24, 2021.
Institutional (university) applicants encouraged to apply, through submission of statement of interest to the above contact.