POSITION OVERVIEW / INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
Gain experience and fulfill your internship requirement at a first-of-its-kind NGO! IDMAJ Foundation for Development is a non-profit organization that foster peace and citizenship education to youth and women from disadvantaged neighborhoods to become future leaders and good citizens. Our mission is to encourage at-risk children and vulnerable youth to stay in school, avoid delinquency, drug addiction and extremism. Through various activities, we provide opportunities and help them to maintain a positive, goal-oriented attitude to become good citizens and future leaders who will be able to contribute to the development of their community and country. In Idmaj and through our cultural and community centers, we reinforce the values of generosity, solidarity, tolerance, mutual respect and love.
We are seeking a full time or part-time Program Assistant Intern to conduct research and provide program support. The Program Assistant will play an integral role in working in different unique programs and projects.
As IDMAJ’s intern, you will have the opportunity to co-create your position. See a need? Want to tackle a project in a different department or area? We are looking for quick-thinking, flexible team members who will help us find innovative ways to take IDMAJ to the next level. You will be an integral member of a small forward-thinking team who is laser-focused on social impact and supporting and developing youth and children.
- Providing administrative support, when needed (including data entry, filing, mass mailings and taking and preparing meeting notes).
- Conducting research, preparing reports and drafting posts.
- Performing project-specific outreach to nonprofits and other external partners.
- Assisting with meeting and event planning and organization.
- Contributing to and helping to maintain/enhance the IDMAJ social media and networking presence.
- Maintains inventory and an adequate level of general office supplies; assists with supply orders, distribution of administrative items, and invoices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Mentorship and Training opportunities
- National and international networking opportunities
- The opportunity to develop a project and run with it
- At least two years of post-secondary education.
- Passion for social innovation and entrepreneurship— finding creative solutions to meet the needs of the nation’s most vulnerable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Casablanca, Morocco
In your cover letter, please outline your interest in IDMAJ Foundation for Development and what you hope to gain from this internship experience. We will only contact candidates for interviews. No phone calls, please. Please email cover letters and resumes to Mr Youssef El Mezzaoui at [email protected]