LOCATION: BENI MELLAL-MOROCCO
FHI 360, an American non-profit organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of IT Intern based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra region of Morocco-Beni Mellal city. The IT intern will support the USAID BMK-ISED project to promote the socioeconomic inclusion of marginalized groups in Morocco by improving and institutionalizing participatory governance, business opportunities, and livelihoods.
The IT Intern will support the Finance and Administration department in the day-to-day IT related matters of the project.
The IT Intern will provide support to end-users and internal users. Serves as the first line of support for the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. He/She works with the FHI 360 IT team to coordinate support, project delivery, upgrades, and routine tasks.
The IT intern will support the Administration Department on the following:
- Support on the software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified and as per FHI 360’s IT Policies.
- Help managing IT incidents/requests with the support of the IT Manager as necessary.
- Help with the security of the physical and virtual components of Information Technology such as security of the server rooms and installing virus protections and firewalls.
- Contribute on working knowledge and understanding with a variety of technologies to effectively support end- users.
- Plans and implements scheduled maintenance upgrades and software upgrades when necessary
- Provides desktop/user support
- Help organizing data, storing them securely and creating backups
- Assist with IT user training and documentation
- Handles basic support of hardware, software, applications and operating systems, network printers and scanners, technical consultation, and networking.
- Keep equipment inventory updated
- Provide technical assistance with the audiovisual equipment in events sites
- Other administrative tasks as requested by the supervisor
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- The candidate must hold or be preparing a first’s degree in computer science or equivalent diploma.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of end-users and use various technical resources to provide support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, MS Office Suite 2016, Windows 10, Exchange, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory.
- Works under direct supervision and follows specific instructions.
- Skills in oral and written communication in Arabic, French and English.
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate through assignments and routines.
Please submit your application, along with a CV, to the following email address: [email protected] and indicate as “Subject” of your message: “IT Intern”. Submission deadline is May 8 th , 2022.
FHI 360 is strongly committed to hiring qualified women, youth, and people with disabilities whenever possible and would like to receive their resumes and those of other qualified individuals.