We are accepting applications for the 2022-23 cohorts!
CorpsAfrica is a non-profit organization that recruits and places ambitious young Africans in rural, high-poverty communities in their own countries to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects that are identified by local community members, fulfill key needs, and whose impact and success can be carefully measured, ?all through a transformative volunteer experience.
CorpsAfrica Volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. In the past, these have included agriculture, gender, health, education, water and sanitation, environment, business, engineering, peace studies, language studies, as well as many others. The additional (and essential) skills that Volunteers need for their service–including community integration, proposal development, and project design and management–are taught as part of CorpsAfrica’s expert training program.
Benefits of Becoming a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- Expert pre-service and in-service training
- A living allowance
- Health insurance
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- A life-changing experience which will serve you well throughout your personal and professional life
Essential Requirements for Applying to be a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- You must be a citizen of the country to which you are applying
- 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- A university degree or equivalent professional experience
- No record of criminal activity that would demonstrate unsuitability for CorpsAfrica service
- No conflict of interest that would interfere with duties and responsibilities
After completing the application, a local selection committee board will review each candidate’s materials and invite a select group of applicants for an interview. Following a successful interview, candidates will receive an offer letter to serve as CorpsAfrica Volunteers and further instructions about Pre-Service Training. The process is highly selective, and only top candidates will receive an interview invitation
To apply in English: https://www.tfaforms.com/4977943
To apply in French: https://www.tfaforms.com/4978445