Title: Workforce Development Specialist
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Marrakech, Morocco
Travel: Frequent travel to project sites
Position pending. March 2021 anticipated start date.
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking candidates for a Workforce Development Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Morocco Inclusive Socio-Economic Development (ISED) activity in Marrakech-Safi. The ISED activity will support the Government of Morocco in enabling the people of the Marrakech-Safi region to participate fully economically, politically, and socially in their communities. It will seek to improve livelihoods of citizens in the Marrakech-Safi region by improving sub-national participatory governance and promoting economic development.
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build a more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through economic development and governance initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three core program areas: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
The Workforce Development Specialist is a key member of the ISED project team. S/he will design and lead activities to better align workforce skills with labor market needs. Working with the Chief of Party and other technical specialists, s/he will ensure sustainable coordination and integration with other project activities.
- Work collaboratively with the project team, partners, USAID, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to better align workforce skills with the labor market and promote inclusive economic development in Marrakech-Safi
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and coordination to project activities
- Strengthen the partnerships among higher education institutions, vocational training schools, government entities and the private sector in Morocco to better align quality education curricula with labor market needs
- Promote the development of soft skills and work readiness among women, youth, persons with disabilities, and other marginalized groups
- Contribute to project deliverables and reports
- Provide input to other project activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, public administration, education or other relevant fields of study
- 7 years minimum of relevant work experience designing and implementing economic development, workforce development, or tertiary education activities
- Experience collaborating with the private sector and higher education institutions
- Knowledge of the Moroccan labor market
- Demonstrated effective communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in French and Arabic; knowledge of English preferred
- Ability to pass a comprehensive pre-employment background check
- Ability to live and work in Morocco without company sponsorship
NEF will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation careers page at https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=116&source=aWQ9OA%3D%3D
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at http://www.neareast.org .
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.