SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
Finance & administration coordinator WCNA
Under the leadership of the Finance and Controlling Advisor, the Finance & Administration Coordinator is responsible for providing information relevant to regional management for steering and decision-making, supporting the Finance and Controlling Advisor to ensure transparency, accountability and the efficient and proper use of funds and ensuring postings and update of accounts.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Keep up to date books and records of all funds received and expensed.
- Ensure that all payments submitted are timely made in respect of IOR WCNA procedures.
- Ensure vouchers establishment and proper allocation to different cost centers.
- Ensure data entry in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Maintain the accounting General Journals.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare cash inventory on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Support on quarterly end accounting checklist preparation.
- Run monthly reports and crosscheck internal transfer accounts, clearing accounts, payables and receivables.
- Reconciliation between the Fixed Assets Register and the trial balance and provide explanation on any difference.
- Support the external audit exercise in providing requested information or documents by auditors and giving the right explanation where necessary.
- Supports IB Casablanca staff with their office suppliers needs for filing, photocopying, collection, sorting and delivery of mail required to ensure smooth functioning of the office.
- Ensures good management of office suppliers stocks to avoid any interruption of service.
- Assists in the preparation and organization of meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Act as office receptionist.
- Act as contact person for suppliers.
- Ensure that office vehicle logbooks are maintained and checked.
Required Qualifications :
- University degree in the field of Finance and / or Accounting or Business Administration with specialization in Finance / Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the field of Finance / Accounting.
- Very good command of French and English, written and spoken.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of local accounting law and tax regulations.
- Knowledge of Navision, Sage Payroll & HR.
- Compliance and Integrity skills.
- Positive working attitude and ability to work under high pressure.
- Pro-active and self-motivated to learn and acquire additional competences needed for the job.
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For: **
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action
If you are interested in this position, Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume in English by July 15 th 2020 at the latest to [email protected] SOS-Children’s Villages International, www.soschildrensvillages.org/ .
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.